In this blog post, we will explore the definitions and benefits of limited edition vs original art. We’ll also be exploring the value both forms of art can bring to your collection.
Original Artwork Vs Limited Edition
The Allure of Original Artwork
Original artwork holds an intrinsic charm that is hard to replicate. Each hand painted brushstroke, colour choice, and composition comes together to create an unparalleled masterpiece. Original art is created directly by the artist's hand.
The term original art defines the exclusivity and uniqueness of an original artwork. Therefore making it highly sought after and one-of-a-kind.
Benefits of Original Artwork:
- Authenticity: Original artwork captures the artist's true vision, allowing you to experience their creativity firsthand. Whether in an original painting or sculpture, you can understand the true meaning behind the artwork.
- Emotional Connection: An original piece has the power to evoke profound emotions and stir the imagination. It offers a deeply personal connection with the artist and their work.
- Investment Value: Original artworks by renowned or emerging artists often appreciate in value over time, making them a smart investment choice.
If you're looking to buy original art works you can view our full collection of originals here.
What Does Limited Edition Art Mean?
Limited edition prints are a popular alternative to original artworks. Perfect for art enthusiasts who wish to own a piece of art that holds both aesthetic value and exclusivity. These prints are carefully reproduced from an original artwork, but in limited numbers. Each limited edition artwork is signed and numbered by the artist, ensuring its authenticity.
Benefits of Limited Edition Prints:
- Accessibility: Limited edition prints provide an opportunity for art lovers who are just starting their portfolio. They are a great way to branch into the world of fine art investment.
- Rarity and Exclusivity: Limited edition prints offer a sense of exclusivity and rarity, as they are produced in limited quantities. This uniqueness enhances the value and desirability of the artwork.
- Preservation of Original Art: Limited edition prints allow the artist to preserve their original artworks. They can share their work with a wider audience through their limited editions.
Types of printing techniques
A giclée print is created using high-quality inkjet printers that meticulously reproduce the colors and details of the original artwork. These prints are typically produced on archival-grade paper or canvas, guaranteeing longevity and preserving the vibrancy of the colors. Giclée prints are renowned for producing exceptional quality prints, capturing the intricate nuances and textures of the original work.
Silk Screen Print:
Silk screen printing, also known as serigraphy, involves a meticulous process. Ink is pushed through a stencil placed on a fine mesh screen. Each colour is applied separately, resulting in rich and layered prints. Silk screen art prints exhibit a distinct texture and quality that is highly valued by collectors.
Discover artwork you’ll love
Whether you choose to own an original artwork, a giclée print, or a silk screen print, each piece has its own distinct charm and value. The choice between original artwork and limited editions ultimately depends on your personal choice. As well as the emotional connection you have with the art. Art is a form of expression that transcends time and enriches our lives.
Explore Limited Edition Prints and Originals
Explore our collections and discover artwork you’ll love. Find our collection of original artworks here. Our original artworks are by artists from around theworld and hand picked by us at Studio 74.
You can also find our limited edition prints here. Our stunning collection of Limited Edition art and sculpture. Each artwork is framed and will come with a certificate of authenticity and signed by the artist.